Monday, March 11, 2013

No-Bake Chocolate Cookies

I love these cookies!  They're always a classic in our home. 

In a big saucepan add:

2 cups White Sugar
2 1/2 Tbl. Baking Cocoa
1/2 cup Milk
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 cup Butter

Bring mixture to a boil, while stirring the entire time. After it comes to a rolling boil remove from heat! (This is where I messed up when I was a kid...I left it on the heat and burned the sugar to the bottom of the pan, it was no fun)

After removing mixture from heat add:

2 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup Peanut Butter (I always add a little less-1 Tbl)
3 cups Uncooked Quick Oatmeal-not the rolled oats
(I usually get the peanut butter and oatmeal all measured and set aside before even boiling the other mixture, that way I can quickly add them to the hot mixture and it comes together great!)

Stir all together and scoop onto foil or wax paper. Let cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment