Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've been making these cookies for years now; they're probably the cookie I'm most known for.  These cookies have lots of flavor and taste like they're gourmet/from a fancy bakery.  I love them!  The original recipe was from my friend, Whitney, I'll forever be grateful to her for giving it to me.  

3/4 cup White Sugar
3/4 cup Brown Sugar, packed
3/4 cup salted Butter, softened

Mix sugars and butter with a mixer, or whip with a spoon, until creamy and light in color.

Add:
1 Egg
2 tsp. Vanilla, I use Watkins Vanilla

Mix well again.

In separate bowl mix:
2 1/4 cups Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt

Add flour mixture to creamed mixture.  Mix well! 

Add 1 cup chocolate chips of your choice (I use milk chocolate Ghirardelli or Guittard) and mix again.

Bake at 375 for 8 minutes, or until just a little golden on top.
Let cookies cool and then store them in an air-tight container.

You can double this recipe and it still turns out great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment